November is National Diabetes Month and your Employee Wellness Program is taking this month to promote Diabetes Awareness!
Here are some ideas to raise diabetes awareness this month:
1. Educate yourself about risk factors that lead to diabetes and affect vulnerable populations. You can read more about it here!
2. Find or start a diabetes support group.
3. Support healthcare policies that have a positive impact on individuals with diabetes.
4. Take the Big Blue Test (https://bigbluetest.org/what-is-big-blue-test/)
5. Encourage people to find if they are at risk.
6. Attend a Diabetes 4-Part Series hosted by your Wellness Program. Dates/times will be announced for Feb. 2021
7. Contact a specialist: Pima County Health Department’s Linda Dingle, RN, is available to talk about and council on Diabetes concerns. Contact: (520) 724-5307 to set up an appointment
Take a diabetes risk assessment and find out if you are at risk!