At some point, we all question if we are properly recycling our water bottle, plastic containers, and plastic bags. Follow these guidelines to make sure you are properly placing recyclable items into your blue bin container!
· No plastic bags (grocery stores like Wal-Mart usually have a container to recycle plastic bags)
· No garbage or food
· Wash and dry your item before placing them in the blue bin container
· Bottle and jar caps and lids can be recycled but should be left on the container
· Rinse food containers (used water wisely)
· Do not place items inside a bag or a box
If your apartment does not have a recycle container, DO NOT WORRY! There are 7 Neighborhood Recycling Centers around Tucson.
Mansfield Park, on 4th Ave., one block south of Grant Rd.
Ward 5 Council Office, 4300 S. Park Ave.
Patrick K. Hardesty Center, northwest corner of Alvernon Way & 22nd St.
Los Reales Landfill, 5300 E. Los Reales Rd. (Entrance at Craycroft Rd. & Los Reales Rd.)
1925 S. San Antonio Dr. (behind Tucson Fire Dept., Station 15)
Eastside City Hall, 7575 E. Speedway Blvd.
Ward 4 Office, 8123 E. Poinciana Dr
Read more about this HERE!