Chipotle? "We don't need no stinkin' 'Chipotle!'"
Try your hand at this carne asada bowl! You can replace the carne asada with tofu for a vegetarian option.
· flank steak or Tofu
· 3/4 cup chopped white or brown onion
· 1/2 cup unsalted chicken stock
· 1 can unsalted pinto beans, rinsed and drained
· 3 cups chopped romaine lettuce
· chopped tomato
· tortilla chips
· Queso fresco
· Heat up a cooking pan and apply some cooking spray
· Season the steak with salt and pepper.
· Add steak or tofu to the pan; cook until desired degree of doneness.
· Spread cooking oil to the pan
· Add the chopped onion
· Add some salt, stock, and the beans to pan; and bring to a boil.
· Cook for about 4 minutes, scraping pan to loosen browned bits.
· Divide lettuce among 4 shallow bowls.
· Top evenly with the mixture, steak, tomato, tortilla chips, and avocado.
· Crumble some queso fresco on top and enjoy!
If you're looking for holiday ideas check these out!
“Cooking With Heart for Active Adults, featuring Jan D’Atri”